We love this new Paleo recipe for athletes! Thanks to Juli Bauer, the sole author of PaleOMG.com , we were introduced to these yummy suckers.
Juli’s first cookbook will be published in April, 2013. So keep an eye out for it!
The Paleo Recipe for Athletes
12 medjool dates, pits removed
1 cup cashews
2 tablespoons almond butter
1 teaspoon cinnamon
pinch of salt
6-8 oz blackberries
6-8 oz blueberries
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut butter
sprinkle of cinnamon
pinch of salt
1. First make your crust. Add all ingredients for the crust to a food processor.
2. Put crust ingredients in an bread pan, press down until evenly distributed.
3. Now heat up a small saucepan under medium heat. Add your blackberries and blueberries, along with your maple syrup.
4.Once blueberries and blackberries begin to break down and slightly explode so there is more juice in the pan, add your syrup. Be sure to continuously stir so the mixture doesn’t stick to the bottom or burn.
5. Once you have almost a runny jam, add your melted/softened coconut cream concentrate along with cinnamon and salt.
6. When all ingredients are incorporated, pour mixture on top of crust and press flat. Put in the fridge to harden for 30-45 minutes.
7.Cut into squares and serve!!
Recipe Source: https://www.againfaster.com/blog/2013/04/02/no-bake-berry-bars/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nutrition&utm_content=nobake%20berrybars