For those of you who have a hard time finding good recipes that are healthy and clean, we have a great solution for you. We will be doing a recipe review once a week. We will tell you if it was, good, bad, expensive, easy to make… you will get the inside scoop!
This weeks recipe is Thai Chicken Wraps, the Recipe is from Paleo Plan, which I have to say is one of my ultimate favorite sites for recipes when I’m in a pinch.
Recipe Score (1-10) : 8!
Recipe Review: Thai Chicken Cups
This was extremely easy to make, in fact I couldn’t believe how easy it was! A few chops here, and some pan searing there and you have yourself an easy meal! Plus you can even make a little extra for leftovers, because the veggies and chicken are easy to refrigerate and trust me it still tasted amazing. The only downside to this entire recipe was the fact that I had a hard time finding Coconut amino acids for my peanut sauce. I should have known Trader Joe’s would have them, but I sadly took my first trip to Safeway on account of the short amount of time I had to make dinner. For those of you not familiar with Coconut amino acids, this is just a fancy way of saying Paleo Soy Sauce. It has great flavor and can even be used to make your own jerky.
Thai Chicken Wraps: Recipe
Makes dinner for two, with leftovers for lunch.
Approximate cooking time: 25 minutes
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 12 Bibb or Romaine lettuce leaves
- 4 Napa cabbage leaves, thinly chopped
- 1 cup raw broccoli, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbs coconut aminos (taste like soy sauce)
- 2 Tbs lime juice (or the juice of 1 lime)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Grill chicken breasts and dice into 1/2″ cubes.
- Wash lettuce leaves and spread out on a plate (reserve half the leaves for leftovers).
- Fill with chicken, broccoli, napa cabbage, carrots, green onions and cilantro.
- Drizzle with Thai Sauce.
- Reserve leftover filling mixture for lunch the next day, but wait to fill lettuce leaves until serving.